FIFTH WEEK


OCTOBER 26th - MONDAY 

In order to consolidate knowledge about the different methodologies for teaching English, each group made a presentation to explain each of these methodologies. Here I share the presentation that my partner Aurora and I made to explain "The Direct Method".



OCTOBER 27th - TUESDAY

We discovered the PPP method, named for the three parts in which the classes are divided.
    - Presentation
    - Practice: a controlled phase where learners says the structure correctly, using such activities as drills and transformations.
    - Production: the student tranfer the structure to freer communication throuch dialogues and other activities.

After the teacher´s explanation, we carried out a class in groups using only this teaching method, ours was like this:

Lesson Goal: learn food vocabulary (steak, pizza, spaghetti, hamburguer, salad, sandwich, sushi and hotdog)

PRESENT: jazz chant
    - Warm up activity:
I like hotdog, do you like it?
No, I don´t like hotdog I like sushi

I don´t like sandwich, do you like it?
Yes, I like sandwich and I don´t like salad

I like hamburguer, do you like it?
No, I don´t like hamburguer I like spaghetti

I don´t like pizza, do you like it?
Yes, I like pizza and I don´t like steak

    - Example sentences: Do you like....? Yes, I like it / No, I don´t like it
    - Questions to check undertanding: What is this? (photo) / Do you like....? 

PRACTICE ACTIVITY: drill
I
I like
I like...

I
I don´t
I don´t like....

Do
Do you
Do you like...?

PRODUCTION ACTIVITY
😊 - I like
😔 - I don´t like 
The students come to the board and say what they like and what they don´t like and write the phrase on the board

Homework: they have to tell the rest of the class what they like and what they don´t like to a member of their family.


OCTOBER 28th - WEDNESDAY

Maribel was showing us some resources that preschool teachers should ise to ensure that their student´s learning is the best as possible. All these resources are collected in the "Tips for teaching very young learners" folder, and they can be very useful for our future in schools.

After debating which of the previous resources seemed best to us, the teacher decides to put into practice a story in which we gave voice to all the characters. I was a very embarrassing experience but at the end it was funny.


OCTOBER 29th - THURSDAY

In relation to what was seen the day before, we continue talking about some resources, specifically the children´s books. 

Firts of all, we learned some tips related to storytelling:
  • Choose the story carefully.
  • Read the story first.
  • Keep pre-teaching og new words to a minimum.
  • Clearly mark the start of the story.
  • Show the cover of the boof first.
  • Tell children the title of the story and the author´s name.
  • Hold the book so everyone can see each page.
  • Use different voices for the different characters in the story.
  • Use varying tone and pitch.
  • Encourage participation.
  • When telling stories using a book, before turning the page, ask the children to make a prediction.
  • Clearly mark the end of the story.
  • Let children look at the storybook themselves.
  • Make an Our Story display with the key vocabulary and phrases from the story.
  • Use the story as the basis for a project.
After her explanation, Maribel distributed some books so that we could comment the main advantages and disadvantages of using them in class. My book tolds the story of a bat who lived un a theater. The main advantage of this book is that the drawings were very big and could be seen clearly. However, those pictures were too dark, so we decided it was not a very appripiate book for Early Childhood Education. 





SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Comentarios